Director Adult Education CNA Training Program-MSDWT
Adult Education Advisory Board-MSDWT
CWUW Board of Trustees-Secretary
EPF Board of Trustees
1. What is your number one reason for wanting to serve on the school board?
I believe my experience as a nurse and educator would be beneﬁcial to the HSE School Board. I am passionate about quality public education, diversity, equity and inclusion. I want the best possible educational experience for my child and ALL children, and am willing to do the work to ensure great outcomes.
2. What role does policy play/have in the function of the board?
The Board is responsible for setting policies and procedures to support the growth and development of ALL students in the District. Members of the board represent the community and act in the best interest of the community’s children.
3. What legislative action at the state level would you support to improve education in our community.
Funding for teachers
Disassociating test scores from teacher evaluation
Increased mental health access/services
Trauma-informed education/ professional development
Increased options for 504/IEP student paths
4. What do you think is the biggest issue facing your district?
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
ALL community voices are not being heard and afforded the opportunity for representation. We have fallen victim to the LOUDEST voices being mistaken as the majority.
5. If you were elected what one thing would you like to accomplish during your term?
During my term, I would like to establish support for the DEI officer/office to include building level representation, additional staff and timely, inclusive professional development to support community progress in social justice, equity and anti-racist work.
Preferred Contact Information (How do you want voters to contact you?)