“Our Smart Store located in Hamilton County, one of the fastest growing counties in Indiana, showcases content, applications and connected devices that all deliver a cohesive, complete mobile lifestyle for consumers,” said Pat Lewis, director of retail sales for Verizon Wireless. “And this new store will have more space for interaction, as it’s more than doubled in size from our prior location.”
As part of today’s celebration, Lewis also announced a $20,000 HopeLine grant dedicated to expanding healthy teen dating programs for the Domestic Violence Network, a local nonprofit that serves 18 high schools in Central Indiana.
“Teen dating abuse is a pervasive and devastating issue,” said Lewis. “The more we can do to raise awareness at an earlier age, the better. Customers and visitors to the new store can donate their no-longer-used wireless devices and accessories for HopeLine, which then generates grants for non-profit organizations.”
Kelly McBride, executive director of DVN, said the organization plans to educate 100 staff in Central Indiana youth organizations and hopes to reach as many as 4,000 students in the 2016-2017 school year. “Young people are learning to navigate through relationships and may not know the warning signs of a controlling relationship,” McBride said. “With this grant, we’ll be able to engage students and empower them to share information in their schools and in their community.”
Verizon Smart Store Facts Westfield-Carmel
· The Verizon Smart Store in Westfield-Carmel is the first in Central Indiana.
· Other Smart Stores in Indiana are located in Fort Wayne, Merrillville and Terre Haute.
· The customer experience at Verizon Smart Stores is geared toward mobile lifestyle needs and wants of consumers.
· The redesigned Smart Store has more than doubled in size to 4,095 square feet with new and expanded product inventory, including items for in-demand connected cars and homes (hum, Nestand more).
· Free, in-store customizable wireless workshops at this location provide hands-on training for consumers.
· Zones will be staffed by tech specialists who will help consumers interact with products in mobile lifestyle zones.
· Lifestyle zones at this Smart Store location: Amplify It (music), Get Fit (fitness), Power On (portable power), Home And On The Go (home monitoring and energy management).
Only Verizon ranks highest among all carriers in leading independent studies year after year by J.D. Power and RootMetrics.
Store Location: 1950 Greyhound Pass in Village Park
Store Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
Store Phone Number: 317-580-9548