Convenient above and underground parking makes the IDC a great starting point for visitors to the Gallery Walk. Galleries and artists affiliated with the building will showcase their work, and participating showrooms will be open with artistic exhibits for guests to enjoy. The IDC will also host refreshments and entertainment that range from live music presented by The Warehouse to art activities for kids and opportunities to “meet the artist” or watch live artists paint in a pop-up gallery.
Featured Artists & Exhibits:
• Walter Knabe Studios will provide tours of its studio at 6 pm and 7 pm. Walter will discuss the application of his fine art, hand printed wall coverings and fabrics to functional products allowing everyone to create a sense of sanctuary in their lives.
• Corporate Fine Art Group presents featured Grand Hall guest exhibitor and paper/mixed-media artist Christine Kim with a corresponding origami art activity for guests taught by high school art students.
• Corporate Fine Art Group presents a pop-up gallery in Suite 113 with live artists painting and work on display.
• Coats-Wright Art & Design presents Kindred Spirits featuring the work of Carmelo Blandino and Hunt Slonem.
• Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery presents high-design vignettes paired with art provided by Corporate Fine Art Group.
• Gallery Two presents Summer Lyric, a Gallery Two Group Show.
• Other featured artists & Galleries: Fine Estate Art, Barry Lantz Art.
• The Warehouse presents live music by Andra Faye & Scott Ballantine at the IDC; the entertainment is the “opening act” for The Warehouse’s main concert Maiden Radio at The Warehouse at 8 pm (just across the street from IDC).
The Indiana Design Center is located at 200 South Rangeline Road in Carmel, Indiana. Event is free and open to the public.
About the Indiana Design Center
The 82,000 square foot Indiana Design Center serves the statewide community of design professionals and their clients by providing a premier collection of resources including fine traditional and contemporary residential and contract furnishings including fabrics, floor coverings, kitchen and bath products, lighting, architectural productions, wallcoverings and accessories. The Indiana Design Center is located at 200 South Rangeline Road in Carmel, IN, just 30 minutes/23 miles from Downtown Indianapolis. The Design Center’s proximity to the Carmel Arts & Design District provides access to interior designers, art galleries, showrooms and antique dealers. Please visit the Indiana Design Center website at http://www.IndianaDesignCenter.com.