Additional featured artists and exhibits during the May Gallery Walk include:
- Head “Back Home Again in Indiana” with Elaine C. Wolfe at CCA Gallery. Elaine is a prolific artist painting in all mediums – acrylic, oil, watercolor, pen & ink and mixed media. Everyone is welcome to stop by for light refreshments, to meet with Elaine and learn what inspires her beautiful work.
- The Carrie Holle Group - Highgarden Real Estate is hosting “Ask the Designer” with Tonya Ballew. She has a fresh, modern perspective that continually cross-references a variety of European, vintage, and American influences. Tonya will be available from 6-8 p.m. to answer all of your interior design questions.
- Fine Art Meets Fun Art is on display at Artsplash Gallery featuring contemporary mosaic art by Nancy Keating. Enjoy a special exhibit by student mosaic artists Jane Acton, Lisa Maxwell and Robin Ridge. The show runs through May.
· Visit the Carmel Clay Historical Society at the Monon Depot and experience the exhibit “A History of Champions; CHS Excellence in Basketball”. Find out how Carmel became a powerhouse in basketball starting in the early 1900's.
· Admire works of art from Mohawk Trails Elementary School, Carmel, Clay and Creekside Middle Schools and Carmel High School at Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery. The Gallery is hosting a community art exhibit featuring Carmel’s sister city, Kawachinagano, Japan.
· Silver in the City has everything your mom wants for Mother's Day and more! Come by this weekend for that last minute special something to make her day one to remember! We even have bouquets of flowers to top it all off.
· MARTIN Gallery of Fine Art is well known for providing exceptional Drift Wood Furniture Creations that are one of a kind. We also specialize in outstanding Fine Art that is as inspiring as it is beautiful. Located in the Indiana Design Center, MARTIN Gallery of Fine Art strongly believes in offering the highest level of artist inspired furniture and fine art. The first fifteen guests will receive a gift certificate valued at $200.
Additional activities taking place during the May Gallery Walk include:
- Form your own glass heart paperweight with Lisa Pelo of Hot Blown Glass Ltd. Reservations are on the hour; walk-ups will be accommodated if space is available. There is a $30 cost to participate. (PNC Parking Lot, 21 N Range Line Rd)
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Design (by All Things Carmel,110 W Main St. #104)
- Entertainment by Sara Kays, Casey Harshbarger and Emma Hedrick & the Main Street Jazz Band will take place throughout the District.
Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art or items of interest in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt inside California Closets (1 S. Range Line Rd.). Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes during the Gallery Walk, including:
- High Tea for 2 from Tina’s Traditional Tea Room ($60 value)
- Large framed mix media painting from ArtSplash, sponsored by Carmel Healthy Living ($100 value)
- Family 4 pack of admission to the Monon Community Center Waterpark, donated by Carmel Clay Parks and Recreation ($40 value)
- Wine Basket donated by Sugar Creek Vineyard & Winery ($50 value)
- Family 4 pack of admission to Conner Prairie including 4 complimentary 1859 Balloon Voyage passes donated by Hamilton County Tourism ($115 value)
Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a Gallery Walk Punch Card, new to 2017. Those who complete all three Scavenger Hunts in a quarter will be eligible for one of five prizes valued at about $150. In addition, at the end of the year, large prizes will be awarded to those who participated in all 12 months.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.