Additional featured artists and exhibits during the April Gallery Walk include:
- The Olive Mill will be celebrating its 4th Anniversary on Saturday, April 8th. They will be serving treats featuring their olive oils, including Pistachio and White Chocolate Biscotti, Butter Olive Oil Krispies Treats and Blood Orange and Dark Chocolate Brownies.
- The Hoosier Salon Carmel Gallery will be celebrating the arrival of Spring by highlighting the work of many of the state’s finest plein air painters. Contributing artists are members of both the Indiana Plein Air Painting Association (IPAPA) and The Hoosier Salon. Many artists will be on hand to help us usher in this year’s very busy plein air painting season!
- Hewook Lee is Artsplash Gallery’s featured artist for April. She was born in Seoul, South Korea until her family settled in Southern California when she was 13. Her subjects typically include fruit, beautiful flowers, splendid nature and portraits. No matter the subject, Hewook works to represent them in the most beautiful way she knows.
- CCA Gallery’s New Member Show will feature Galina Alkhutova, Stephanie Carignan and Lisa F. Pelo. Alkhutova and Carignan both work in the acrylic medium while Pelo features blown glass. The Artists’ Reception will be held during the Gallery Walk between 6-9 p.m.
· Jilly Jack Designs creates and sells art prints and greeting cards using new and time-honored techniques in their studio. Stop by and see their beautiful work and vintage presses in action during the Gallery walk between 5-9 pm.
· Come explore the Carmel Clay Public Library’s Digital Media Lab at 23 East Main Street! The Digital Media Lab features iMac Computers, podcasting equipment, audio recording suite, two 3-D printers and more! During this month’s Gallery Walk, have your photo taken with a choice of fun backdrops and props. Enter their contest for a chance to win a free 3-D print!.
· Carmel Clay Historical Society is kicking off 2017 by exhibiting the rich history of Carmel High School boys and girls basketball from 1900 to the present! Memorabilia from the Shepherd family, the Heady family, and the 1977 championship team will be on display. The exhibit will also highlight the girls’ 2008 championship as well as the boys’ back to back wins in 2012 and 2013 with video segments of games and interviews with past coaches. Interactive displays have been designed for younger visitors.
· Admire works of art from Cherry Tree Elementary School, Carmel, Clay and Creekside Middle Schools, and Carmel High School at Carmel Arts Council Children’s Art Gallery.
Additional activities taking place during the March Gallery Walk include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Design (by All Things Carmel,110 W Main St. #104)
- Entertainment by Jon Haslam, Dianna Davis and Emma Hedrick & the Main Street Jazz Band will take place throughout the District.
- Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art or items of interest in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt inside California Closets (1 S. Range Line Rd.). Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes during the Gallery Walk, including:
- High Tea for 2 from Tina’s Traditional Tea Room ($60 value)
- Large framed mix media painting from ArtSplash, sponsored by CarDon & Associates ($100 value)
- Wine & Mosaics Class by Nancy Keating ($62 value)
- 2 Wine Baskets donated by Sugar Creek Vineyard & Winery ($50 value)
Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a Gallery Walk Punch Card, new in 2017. Those who complete all three Scavenger Hunts in a quarter will be eligible for one of five prizes valued at about $150. In addition, at the end of the year, large prizes will be awarded to those who participated in all 12 months.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.