Other special Carmel Caffeine Trail events include:
Earn your own mug! The Carmel Caffeine Trail coffee mug will be featured at various locations along the Gallery Walk Scavenger Hunt. Find the mug, take a selfie with the mug & post the picture to social media using #CarmelCaffeineTrail. When you return your scavenger hunt sheet, show your post and receive a ticket for your very own Caffeine Trail mug to take home. Offer is valid for the first 150 participants.
The following galleries will offer samplings from Carmel Caffeine Trail participants:
- World’s Smallest Children’s Art Gallery (40 W. Main St.) will feature Soho Café & Gallery
- Evan Lurie Gallery (30 W. Main St.) will host Eggshell Bistro
- Tina’s Tea will be featured at Inspire Studio Gallery (111 W. Main St., Ste 120), as well as Tina’s Traditional Old English Kitchen (30 N. Range Line Road)
- Hoosier Salon (22 N. Range Line Rd.) will offer samplings from Jack’s Donuts
- Square Donuts to provide their items at their shop (14 S. Range Line Rd.)
Additional featured artists and exhibits during the January Gallery Walk include:
- January is a good time to add to your collection with a 10% off on any purchase made at Magdalena and Jerry Points Gallery (27 E. Main St.). Our exhibit for the January Gallery Walk will feature very creative works from four artists. One of our young artists, Kristy Hughes, is a Stutz Scholarship Winner, will be showing two new works. Her larger works of art include a limited palette of color selection and a thorough understanding of design. Another addition to our January exhibition will be April Willy. April was featured in an Eye on Art exhibition last year and is always a favorite among Carmel gallery visitors. William Denton Ray was our big seller for the December Exhibition returns with his mixed media and whimsical art. Living in Indianapolis, his whimsical art ranges from wood sculpture, digital drawings, mixed media paintings & illustrations. William works from his studio at the Harrison Center for the Arts. While his work is whimsical there are underlying tones & references to various cultures including Indian, Polynesian, Aztec and more. Jerry Points, Partner and Curator of the gallery, will show several new works including two smaller abstract paintings. The two works are part of an exploration for larger paintings Points plans for this year.
- A showcase of bronze sculptures by Italian artist Angelo Basso at Soori Gallery (33 E. Main St.) Soori Gallery will also continue monthly fundraising for St. Jude Children Research Cancer Center.
- CCA Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 135) presents “Famous Indoor Sidewalk Sale” featuring great, original art at fabulous prices.
- Inspire Studio & Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 120) presents "Monday Painters... With Mentor Randall Scott Harden," an exhibition that will include local artists and continue throughout the month of January.
- ArtSplash Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 140) will feature the work of Rosie Morgan and Debbie Slack. Both artists work primarily in oils and are versatile in other media as well. They are presenting a variety of subject matter and styles for this month’s exhibit, including a feature of horses by Morgan.
- The Great Frame Up (21 1st St. S.W.) will be showcasing work from Hamilton County Artists’ Association’s Sojna Widmer from 5 – 8 p.m. Widmer’s show opens Saturday, with her artwork on display until March 7th, 2016.
- Hoosier Salon (22 N. Range Line Rd.) will feature an exhibit by C.W. Mundy.
Additional activities taking place during the January Gallery Walk include:
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Design (by Auntie Em’s Frozen Custard & Cupcakes 111 W. Main St., Suite 130)
- Entertainment by harpist Jan Aldridge-Clark and guitarist Casey Harshbarger
- Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt at the ArtSplash Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 140). Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a charm. Collect a different charm at each Gallery Walk throughout the year to complete a whole charm bracelet by the end of the year. Your completed clue sheet will also enter you for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- Two tickets to the Palladium ($44 value)
- Mosaic class with Nancy Keating ($55 value)
- Two children's gift baskets ($30 value each)
- Woman's gift basket ($35 value)
- Piece of Swarovski crystal ($50 value)
- Original watercolor by Valentina Shvyrkova ($75 value)
- A pair of tickets to the ice skating rink ($20 value)
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.