- ArtSplash Gallery’s (111 W. Main St., Suite 140) July featured artist, Mary Reamer, will display a solo Photographic Exhibit. The opening reception is Saturday, 5 – 9 p.m. in conjunction with the Gallery Walk. Mary’s high dynamic range images show the beauty and rich culture of Japan in her exhibit titled: Japan I: Cityscapes, Shrines & Temples. The exhibit will be on display during the month of July.
- Visit the CCA Gallery & Gifts (111 W. Main St., Ste. 135) for the “New Member Show” featuring works by Margaret Hanke, Jessica Springman and Ann Simons. Meet the artists and enjoy refreshments from 6 – 8:30 p.m.
- The CAC Children’s Art Gallery (40 W. Main St.), featuring the “The World’s Smallest Children’s Art Gallery,” will display the student-created high school art show “A Spark of Hope.” The student curators will be in the gallery to discuss their art and the exhibit will also include an interesting “interactive” art show aspect.
Additional activities taking place during the July Gallery Walk include:
- “Chip In” Community Mosaic with Nancy Keating at Breezeway by Auntie Em’s (111 W. Main St., Ste. 130).
- Enjoy a free Art Experience Class from 5 – 7 p.m. at Art Lab Indy (31 E. Main St., Ste. 300).
- Free caricatures by Custom Eyes Designs, (by Auntie Em’s Frozen Custard & Cupcakes 111 W. Main St., Suite 130).
- Musical Entertainment along Main Street by harpist Jan Aldridge-Clark.
- Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt next to Evan Lurie Gallery (30 W. Main St.). Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a charm. Collect a different charm at each Gallery Walk throughout the year to complete a whole charm bracelet by the end of the year. Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will also enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes.
- Two tickets to the Carmel Symphony at The Palladium ($44 value)
- Mosaic class with Nancy Keating of ArtSplash Gallery ($55 value)
- Dance lessons from Darren’s Ballroom Dance ($180 value)
- Two children’s art/toy gift baskets ($30 value each)
- Wine accessory gift basket ($55 value)
- Choice of three hand painted giant wine bottle painted by local artists ($100 value each)
- Happy Dog Hotel and Spa bath and nail trim ($35 value)
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.