- ArtSplash Gallery’s (111 W. Main St., Suite 140) featured artist for November is Anastacia Combs. Anna works in oil, watercolor and mixed media in a variety of themes.
- CCA Gallery (111 W. Main St., Suite 135) presents its November Feature Show, “Painted Sterling Colors” for three of their new artists: Jeweler Heidi Mandich, watercolor artist Joe Pictor and Kristin Whitney, who is an acrylic and oil painter. CCA Gallery will also host a reception that evening from 6-9 p.m. for guests to meet the artists while enjoying art and refreshments.
Additional activities taking place during the November Gallery Walk include:
- Story telling, poetry reading and book signing by Rosaleen Crowley at All Things Carmel (110 W. Main St., Suite 104), 5 – 8 p.m.
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs, (California Closets, 1 South Range Line Road).
- Musical Entertainment along Main Street featuring the Main Street Jazz Band, Michelle Qureshi and Sara Keys.
- Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art or items of interest in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt next to California Closets (1 South Range Line Road). Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a charm. Collect a different charm at each Gallery Walk throughout the year to complete a whole charm bracelet by the end of the year.
Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes:
- Original artwork from the Carmel ArtSplash Gallery ($300 value); donated by Cardon Carmel Health and Living
- Children’s gift basket (a $20 value); donated by Edwin the Duck
- Ladies gift basket ($20)
- Two tickets to the Carmel Symphony at the Palladium ($44 value)
- Mosaic class by Mosaics and Wine ($55 value)
- Private dance lessons from Darren’s Ballroom Dance ($180 value)
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.
The Carmel Arts & Design District is the Midwest’s premier arts and design destination. Home to more than 200 businesses, including art galleries, restaurants, antique dealers, design showrooms, boutiques, and creative service providers, the Carmel Arts & Design District promises to stimulate the senses. The Indiana Design Center is housed in the Carmel Arts & Design District. In addition, hundreds have taken advantage of the wide variety of housing opportunities and call the Carmel Arts & Design District home.