Special gallery exhibits will be featured throughout the Gallery Walk including:
- Magdalena Gallery (27 E. Main, Suite 100) presents Mary Johnston, an abstract and contemporary landscape artist specializing in original works created in oils. Her solo show, “Updated” … A Fresh Look with New Works, will be featured.
- ArtSplash Gallery (111 W. Main Street) features “Echoes of Grace” by Carolyn Martens. Carolyn specializes in public art, landscapes, portraits and children’s art.
- Hoosier Salon (22 N. Rangeline Road) will be highlighting many works from their Heritage Collection in addition to the always-exciting and varied consignment gallery. A bit of Indiana Art history will be on display this Saturday!
Activities taking place during the January Gallery Walk include:
- Get a new Espresso machine for Christmas? Always wondered why your home-brewed latte does not taste as good as you wanted? Join the Carmel Caffeine Trail for ESPRESSO 101 and let the experts from Hubbard & Cravens Coffee and Tea help you make the perfect cup. Using a variety of machines and popular methods, they will offer tips on choosing the right coffee beans, grinding, tamping and other elements of making the perfect cup. After a brief training session, you will get the chance to try making your own espresso or latte.
Four new espresso machines will be given away at the end of the evening - one door-prize ticket will be drawn each hour from 5-9 p.m. - in addition to gift baskets filled with goodies from our Carmel Caffeine Trail participating shops. There is no cost to attend or to enter into the door-prize for a free gift.
Espresso 101 will begin each hour during the Gallery Walk, at 111 W. Main Street, Suite 130, just east of CCA Gallery, starting at 5 p.m. Seating is limited.
- Free caricatures and face painting by Custom Eyes Designs, (All Things Carmel, 110 W. Main St., Suite 104).
- Musical Entertainment along Main Street including Dianna Davis, Jon Haslam, and Michelle Qureshi.
- Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find select pieces of art or items of interest in each of the participating galleries and businesses. Begin the hunt inside California Closets (1 S. Range Line Rd.). Your completed Scavenger Hunt clue sheet will enter you for a chance to win one of several great prizes during the Gallery Walk, including:
- Mosaics & Wine Class by Nancy Keating ($62 value)
- Framed Mixed Media Abstract Painting from ArtSplash, sponsored by CarDon & Associates ($100 value)
- Admission for family of 4 to Connor Prairie + Market District Gift Card ($57 value)
- Bath and Body Works Gift Basket ($70 value)
- Donatello’s Gift Card ($50 value)
- All Things Carmel Gift Basket ($50 value)
Follow the clues through the District and then turn in your completed clue sheet to receive a Gallery Walk Punch Card, new to 2017. Those who complete all three Scavenger Hunts in a quarter will be eligible for one of five prizes valued at about $150. In addition, at the end of the year, large prizes will be awarded to those who participated in all 12 months.
A map of the gallery locations and more information about the IU Health North Hospital Gallery Walk activities can be found at www.CarmelArtsAndDesign.com.
Public parking is available in the Carmel Lions Club lot (141 E. Main St.), Sophia Square parking garage (entrance off of 1st Ave NW), Indiana Design Center parking garage (200 S. Range Line Rd.) or available on-street public parking. The Arts & Design District parking map may be downloaded at http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/images/Carmel_District_ParkingMap.pdf.