In addition to posting signs along Main Street and Range Line Road, the City of Carmel wants to be proactive by releasing in advance the restrictions motorists will see this weekend during the annual IU Health North Hospital Carmel Artomobilia, which takes place in the District this Saturday, August 27 from Noon–5 p.m. Last year, the event drew more than 8,000 attendees.
Roads will be closed for the festival beginning at 6 a.m. Saturday to accommodate the setup of the festival and move-in of the cars. The closures will remain until about 8 p.m. The main road closure points for the festival are:
• 1st Ave. NE/SE & E. Main Street (by Woodys Library Restaurant)
• 1st St. NE/NW & N. Range Line Road (by PNC Bank and Vine Healthcare)
• 4th Ave. SW & W. Main Street (by the roundabout)
• 3rd St. SE/SW & S. Range Line Road (just south of the Indiana Design Center)
As usual, parking will still be accessible to all lots behind buildings, in the Sophia Square parking garage, in the Indiana Design Center parking garage, the Lions Club lot and all available on-street public parking surrounding the festival area. With the current construction in the area, we urge all residents and visitors to allow extra time, patience and caution in the area. Similar closures will also be forthcoming for other events on the calendar. Including the following:
Run317 – A 5K event that starts and ends in the District.
- Closure date & time: Thursday, September 1 from 6–9 p.m.
- Event date & time: Thursday, September 1 from 7-9 p.m.
- Roads closed: Full closure of Main Street from 4th Ave SW roundabout (roundabout stays open) to 1st Ave NW/SW by Muldoon’s & The Pint Room from 6-9 p.m. Partial/rolling closure of race course from 7-9 p.m.
- Closure date & time: Saturday, September 10 from 2 p.m. until midnight or later to accommodate cleanup of festival.
- Event date & time: Saturday, September 10 from 8:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Roads closed: Full closure of Main Street from just east of 2nd Ave NW to 1st Ave NW/SW by Muldoon’s & The Pint Room. 2nd Ave NW will remain open to traffic
- Closure date & time: Friday, September 23 through Sunday, September 25, exact hours to be determined.
- Event date & time: Saturday, September 24, 10 a.m.–6 p.m. and Sunday, September 25, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Roads closed: Main Street from 1st Ave. NE/SE (by Woodys Library Restaurant) to 4th Ave SW (by the roundabout, but roundabout stays open); Range Line Road from 1st St. NE/NW (by PNC Bank and Vine Healthcare) to 1st St. SE/SW (by Integrity Automotive); 2nd Ave NW from Main St. to 1st St NW.
Follow us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter