- Short term: Support efforts in the 2016 General Assembly to improve highways and related infrastructure.
- Continue support for mass transit planning and development.
- Long term: Support development of additional funding programs including public-private partnerships and increases in revenue, to provide a stable means of funding enhancement infrastructure development and maintenance. Oppose efforts to divert gas tax to non-transportation programs.
- Short term: Support at least a three-year extension of the current provisions that allow schools to allocate circuit breaker losses across more than the transportation and capital projects funds. Long term: Provide a permanent fix for this issue that allows for local control and flexibility and preserves the ability of schools to provide transportation.
- Support changes in the referendum law to provide further clarity for voters on the issues and encourage voter participation.
- Support making career, technical and vocational education a priority in Indiana along with the funding to support this initiative including support for additional and improved career counseling.
- Support initiatives to attract and retain highly-qualified teachers.
Property Tax Reform
- Support continued modernization of our assessment system toward one that is managed through a common, integrated database to ensure consistency.
- Strongly oppose any further attempts to lessen homeowners’ property tax burdens through additional shifts to business taxpayers.
- Support legislation for a more transparent collection and distribution of local income taxes or alternatively allow local governments to collect those taxes themselves.
- Support a solution to issues involving the assessment and taxation of “big box” stores that provides an equitable result for property owners, business and governmental entities.
- Support keeping Indiana on the cutting edge of all economic development incentives and tax benefits that enhance growth by providing flexibility of current incentives. This could include a state-sponsored research institute and tax incentives for logistic expenditures.
- Examine allocation of liquor licenses to permit growing communities to enhance community life through the attraction of quality dining establishments.
- Support expanding civil rights protections to insure that Indiana is a welcoming place for everyone who seeks to live and work here.